TPEA's New Board of Directors
With a combined service of over a 150 years to the great State of Texas, TPEA is delighted to introduce the exceptional individuals who will be serving on our Board of Directors for this fiscal year. Our board members represent a wide range of state agencies, including both current active and retired state employees. Taking the helm as President of TPEA's Board of Directors this year is Jimmy Teal from TxDOT.
"We had an extraordinary year for TPEA members," Jimmy said. "But more work is yet to be done and I'm looking forward to serving as president." Jimmy acknowledges the accomplishments of former TPEA presidents, Jan Thomas and Tim Fitzpatrick for their contributions, and for being great role models. "I am excited to be a part of the leadership team because it is, for me, the behind the scenes work that people do not see that makes the job that much more gratifying."
- Carroll Fuchs, who dedicated 35 years of service to Texas at the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI), will be serving as the Vice President.
- In addition, Julie Beaubien, a dedicated TxDOT state employee, will serve as the Secretary of TPEA's Board of Directors.
- Kerrie Summerfield, a dedicated state employee with 18 years of service with the Attorney General of Texas, will be serving as our Treasurer.
Completing the TPEA Board of Directors are:
- Tim Fitzpatrick, currently serves as the Director of Classification and Records with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
- Lisa Thomas brings over 15 years of invaluable experience as the current Office Manager at TxDOT.
- Joe Golson retired after more than 23 years of services with the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS).
- Richard Siemens, another retiree who worked for the state of Texas as an investigator for CPS.
- With nearly 20 years of experience as a current state employee at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ), we welcome LE Townsend as our newest member to the Board.
Thank you to all of our board and serving in the interest of all state employees and retirees. Their valuable expertise, wealth of experience, and unwavering commitment to the state of Texas make them an outstanding addition to our Board. We are incredibly excited to have such talented individuals and eagerly anticipate the invaluable contributions they will make towards our mission. To learn more about our Board of Directors, click here.
Thank you for all you do for Texas residents.